Venture Center is planning City Camps in a few cities where Venture Center is mentoring/ partnering an existing/ upcoming incubator. The purpose of the City Camps is to support the entrepreneurship promotion / awareness creation activities of an upcoming incubator.
Features of this program:
- City Camps are 1 or 2 day workshops introducing an audience to key aspects of science and technology based entrepreneurship. It is aimed at aspiring entrepreneurs and meant to help a budding incubator get started with a pipeline by increasing awareness, information and confidence amongst startups.
- Topics covered could include highlights of one or more of the following modules from Venture Center Startup 101 program:
- (Module 1) Essentials of building a business
- (Module 2) Problem or need identification and value proposition
- (Module 3) Planning your technology and IP
- (Module 4) Raising money for startups
- (Module 5) Soft skills
- (Module 6) Company operations
- City Camps are usually organized in partnership with a local incubator/ entrepreneurship promotion center, especially those that are part of Venture Center’s remote mentoring program.
- Venture Center proposes to run 1 or 2 such events a year.
Plan for the near future:
Venture Center is planning City Camps at the following cities in the near future:
- Ahmedabad/ Goa
- Open to all incubators to request such a City Camp
- Preference is given to incubators who are benefiting from the Remote Mentoring under Fractal Program or Immersion Program under Fractal Program.
Terms and conditions/Fees and payment terms:
- Requests for City Camps by the Venture team will need to be initiated by the beneficiary incubator.
- The beneficiary incubator shall commit to taking care of (Category A costs):
- Event costs including refreshments, handouts etc
- Local publicity
- Local coordinator/ in charge or the event
- The beneficiary incubator or sponsor shall take care of (Category B costs):
- Faculty and Venture Center team’s travel, accommodation, food, local transport.
- Venture Center’s fee (as applicable)
- Please ask for a quote for Category B costs. This depends on the duration of the Camp, scope of the workshop/ topics covered and faculty involved.
- Venture Center shall be responsible for (Category C costs):
- Designing the workshop
- Planning and arranging faculty and content
- Developing content for the courseware / handouts (if any)
- Publicity on Venture Center’s networks
- The beneficiary incubator is free to charge for the participants for the City camp workshop as appropriate. The beneficiary incubator can retain 100% of the earnings.
- All payments to Venture Center need to be done as advance payments.
Discounts and special announcements:
|Venture Center shall be offering the City Camps at 100% discount on Category B costs for two BIRAC nominee bio-incubators/ year during the duration 1 April 2018-31 March 2021. This will be for organizations planning to set up and operate a BioIncubator under BIRAC’s BioNest program or allied programs.
- Venture Center organizes these workshops from time-to-time based on perceived need. There is no fixed schedule.
- You can send in your request, record your interest and area of interest here. If there is sufficient interest, the Venture Center will plan an event to meet the requests. If you record your interest here, we will inform you when we plan such and event and invite you to participate.
Beneficiaries of this program:
- Program formalized only in May 2018.
Contact person for this program:
100, NCL Innovation Park
NCL Campus, Pashan
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road
Pune – 411008